Friday, January 04, 2019

another You Are Here event

Wednesday 14th March 2018
Waterstones bookshop, Rose Lane, Canterbury

Sean, Will, Oli Chilton and I repeated the multimedia performance we did at Free Range on 1st February, as I'd been asked by the manager to do something YAH-related as part of Waterstones' events series. As before, Will on alto clarinet, Sean on modular synths...there were unfortunate technical problems with the sequencing in the projections, which limited the extent to which the musicians and I could coordinate read excerpts and sonic responses, but no one seemed to mind. Some people who'd been at the Free Range event seemed to prefer this one.

After that, I answered questions from the (quite lively, surprisingly large) audience, a mix of colourful characters I knew well and older, cultured Canterbury types come to hear the author of a history book speaking. I got into the spirit of it. Juliet (who collaborated on the end of the book, due to a weird sequence of events), produced live art on the screen behind me via graphics tablet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home