Friday, September 10, 2010

Cocos at Farmhouse

September 9th, 2010, The Farmhouse, Canterbury.

Cocos Lovers supporting CW Stoneking (who I wasn't able to stick around for)

A particularly nice mellow set played to a relatively attentive audience (for The Farmhouse). I wasn't expecting to enjoy this one half as much as I did, as the sound in The Farmhouse is usually pretty awful...but it was quite OK on this occasion. I enjoyed this set a lot more than some of the more boisterous festival performances I heard from Cocos this summer.

I was under the impression that it was the full eight-piece band, but five songs in I noticed that Dave (electric guitarist) wasn't present! Phil had been filling in nicely with bits of guitar and banjo, and although I love Dave's playing, it was interesting to hear the band without him.

It was also Will and Natasha's 9th wedding anniversary, they announced! They looked very sweet together up there on the stage. Doing the mental arithmetic, I realised that this meant that the events of September 11th, 2001 happened two days into their married life (I spoke to Will about this afterwards — it turns out that they'd done their honeymoon before the wedding, up in Harlech, so at least that wasn't disrupted by the horrific news).

There's another excellent new song, called "Bow and Arrow" (I must have heard it once before somewhere, as it sounded so familiar, but can't recall where). Here's the setlist as I remember it:

Feral and Wild
Over the Hill
Bow and Arrow
Father
Door of the Andes
Oh My Love
Time to Stand
Moonlit Sky

And here are some recent Cocos clips:









0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home