Wednesday, March 04, 2020

southwest adventure

15–24th Feburary 2020

Bristol–Bath–Taunton–Exeter–Dartmoor

I spent some time in the West Country recently. Not that much music making (despite visiting a lot of musician friends), but I did get to hear Graeme (a.k.a. Dubi Dolczek) sing some Bob Nolan cowboy songs he's learning for a new project with Leonie and Lewis. Also, Leonie played me the masters of her forthcoming Collaborations Volume 2 album and Lewis showed me a computer game called HyperFlight he's recently created, with his own (quite Yama Warashi-like) music as soundtrack. In Bath I helped Rosie sort out her harp pickup/loop station/amplifier setup, which I hope will help her get even deeper into her (very beautiful) harp playing.

There were a couple of enjoyable jam sessions, though. One with Keith, Henry and John (from Children of the Drone) at Henry and Lucy's new place near Nadderwater, west of Exeter:

Listen Here

...and another with Joel (on hurdy-gurdy) and Conrad at Joel and Sarah's farmhouse on Dartmoor:

Listen Here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home