Monday, January 27, 2020

Ugne's birthday party

25-26th January 2020
Faversham

Great vibes. Early on, Ugne was playlisting dubstep from about ten years ago (revisiting her 16-yr-old party life in Lithuania). Around 2a.m. she suggested I put on some tunes, so I did. Lively dancing for a couple of hours to my populist funk/soul/disco/hiphop/dancehall set, led by Paul and Ramona(?), an enthusiastic couple who run The Hot Tin (a deconsecrated church venue in town).

Around 2:18:05 in the mix there's an unlikely segue from Afrika Bambaataa into The Sea Nymphs. This was the point when the last bunch of dancers finally departed and it was just me, George from Witchdoctor (massive Cardiacs/Sea Nymphs fan), his sleeping girlfriend Jamie and friend Rich. I decided I was going to stay up and then walk to Oare Marshes for sunrise, then tea and toast with Oare friends Tracy and Nick. So to fill in the next few hours, I put on some chilled electronica and spiritual jazz, washed up, pottered about and chatted with the stragglers:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home