Thursday, January 17, 2019

autumn equinox gathering

Perry Woods, near Selling, Kent
22nd—23rd September 2018

I got a lift with Rory and friend, arrived just in time to catch the last song-and-a-half from the new band Hello Gecko (Nick who's half of Llunic is the keyboard player and band-leader... years ago he was in a live electronic dance band called Bonze with Ginge, co-host of this gathering). Lewis then took to the decks for a long 'tribal' electronica set with musicians welcome to jam along (mostly percussion, but also some guitar and, briefly, me on saz). Some circus-y techno and electro-swing, all good...he really tapped into the collective mood and space, and appeared to be having a great time. Sarah Y's boyfriend Patrick then played more of an abstract techno set until quite late. I had been asked if I'd like to play for a while, brought my laptop, but didn't in the end. Which was fine, as I was enjoying the social vibes. I did get on the mic for 2:54am to announce that the Earth's axis had just crossed the right-angle point with the ecliptic plane...happy equinox people! Home just before sunrise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home