Tuesday, June 16, 2020

50th birthday thing

11th June 2020
cyberspace!

So the weekend minifestival ("Profstokk 2020") I'd planned for my 50th birthday obviously wasn't going to happen, due to the COVID thing. I waivered around the idea of some kind of online thing, eventually ruling it out. Then I noticed that my actual birthday was a Thursday, that Sam Bailey had been running a series of online "Free Range TV" avant-garde events since lockdown, and that he didn't have one scheduled for the 11th. So he kindly let me take over the stream. I made this 3.5 hour thing, filming myself around Canterbury curating a kind of time-travelling live music extravaganza. I have no idea how long this will stay up on YouTube, so if you're interested, probably best to watch sooner rather than later. 138 people watched on the night (including me, outside, by a fire, projected on a fairly large screen, while dealing with the live YT comments/chat). Over 230 as of a few days later:

Also, for those who are unaware. I've been working on my DJ mixing skills during lockdown. If you're looking for hour-long kaleidoscopic mixes of high-quality multi-genre dance music, I'm making one every night and posting them over at my Mixcloud page. There are also hour-long "contemplative" mixes each day (The Cambry Prayer), a lot of spiritual jazz, acid-folk, sacred choral music, ambience, minimalism, etc.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home