Sunday, November 10, 2019

Canopy Connections at UCA Bar

Friday 8th November 2019
UCA Bar, Canterbury

This was the launch of the just-formed Kentish Rhizomes collective (Lewis, Emilia, Rachel and me). You always worry no one's going to come to these things, but we got a great crowd. Two VJs, two DJs (me as Professor Appleblossom, Lewis a.k.a. Myriad) + circus performers and spoken word + a fabulous live set from the Papylonian Babooshkies (the electric version). Lewis played a trance-oriented set after the band, I played a pretty eclectic one beforehand. There was a little welcome ceremony in the middle of my set and then Emilia and Megan began a performance piece with silk fans as I started back up again with some Ituri rainforest Baka singing, Gabonese Bwiti beats... and then just went off...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home