Wednesday, October 18, 2017

The Ranch and Port Erin at Crash of Moons Club

Wednesday 18th October 2017
Bramley's, Canterbury

An amazing Crash of Moons, just a few days after my return to the UK. The Ranch are a Maltese prog band with a virtuosity and creative brilliance that (in my opinion) puts them in a league with Cardiacs, Henry Cow, some of Zappa's better bands. Unbelievable. Great prog-scat singing from guest vocalist "Master Penguin". Port Erin were very brave to follow this, but pulled it off. Much more rocking and substantial than there records suggested. As usual, I was DJing as Prof. Appleblossom. I'd misunderstood which order the bands were going to play in, so the continuity of the music was slightly compromised, but both bands seemed to dig the sounds I was selecting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home