Sunday, October 01, 2017

Crash of Moons DJ sets (Chroma/The Brackish)

Bramley's, Canterbury
27th September 2017

I did my usual monthly Crash of Moons Club DJ set as Professor Applebossom despite being thousands of miles away in Wisconsin. This entailed sending over prepared mixes created for the occasion. It was trickier than usual because the two acts featured that night were so different: a local hiphop crew and a skronky/weird postrock quartet from Bristol. But I think I succeeded. The first part is a straightforward mix of underground hiphop (not something often heard at Bramley's), the second part (between acts) morphs gradually from hiphop into guitar-based noisy/disjointed postrock, and the third set (as usual) was for dancing, starting this time with Suicide's "Ghost Rider" (which I've since heard at least one person there really loved). Listen here:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home