Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Quantic & His Combo Barbaro

I just got my sister Kate and her family a copy of the Soundways cumbia compilation Cartagena! for Christmas. She's adopted a couple of Columbian kids and wants to expose them to their native culture so I thought this might be a good contribution! It's compiled by someone who Joel and Sarah know from their village of Batcombe in Somerset, along with Quantic. That's Will Holland, formerly of Quantic Soul Orchestra, now living in Columbia leading a mighty cumbia band. They played one of the most incredible sets I've ever seen on the Furthur stage at LOTF in 2010, that wonderful sunny weekend of musical amazingness I was involved in helping out with.

Here they are in Paris the previous autumn (skip ahead to about 0:35):

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home