Saturday, June 02, 2007

Children of the Drone compilation no. 6

This has been in the pipeline for quite a while - gradually combing through the COTD MiniDisc archives via random playlists. It was thrown together a bit more haphazardly than the last couple, but I'm still quite happy with it.

Only after compiling it did I notice how little saz I'm playing on it - rather, my contributions feature a lot of my rather simplistic acoustic bass playing (the better examples of this, I hope), some percussion, The Purple Lunchbox (now deceased) and a bit of balalaika. There is one piece that's effectively a saz solo, balanced by the extraordinary closing (live) track "Fried in Hawaii" which I'm not even on.

elegant sunburst lichen
elegant sunburst lichen (xanthoria elegans) - photo by Angie in MN

Listen Here

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't they all come with a free mandala patch?

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home