Monday, May 20, 2019

more songswaps

Tuesday 8th and 15th May 2019
The Elbow Room, Stevens Point, WI

The first one was a bit weak, as I recall, although there was some pretty amazing, totally free and spontaneous blues howling by my friend James' young niece Cecilia. Donovan's "Colours" got played, as did Pink Floyd's "Nobody Home" and something by Deerhunter. I left quite late, when things had degenerated to the point that people were singing along (unironically, I feared) with Journey's "Don't Stop Believing".

The next week was better, I enjoyed playing along with "Friend of the Devil", "Rocky Raccoon", "Southern Man", "Deep Elem Blues" and some John Prine. The session also included me attempting to solo over a rather insipid song by The Eagles that I didn't know at all, sitting out on "Aqualung" while deep in conversation with Kena, and returning from the bathroom to witness a completely spontaneous, almost accidental (but joyful) "Beer Barrel Polka" (if it's good enough for Jerry...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home