Tuesday, June 05, 2018

new saz baptism in JP's backyard

19th May 2018
West Side, Stevens Point, Wisconsin

After a month in Point waiting for a saz to arrive from Turkey, it showed up two days before I was set to leave. That would have been my dad's 94th birthday.

I did get to take it out and play it once (it's going to stay there for future visits). Stef from Sloppy Joe was keen to play music before I left, and JP and Molly offered to host in their backyard, with a bonfire. My playing was somewhat affected by (i) having not played for over five weeks; (ii) several bottles of Point beer; (iii) playing in fluctuating light/temperature conditions; (iv) not having heard most of the songs before, but enough with the excuses, make your own minds up:

Listen Here

I've added a bonus track, National Public Radio's most famous voice, Carl Kasell, reading "Jabberwocky" onto cassette some years ago as a prize for my friend Maud (not "Maude") when she won on a radio quiz show. I'd digitised it for her (she has no tape player these days) the day before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home