Saturday, October 15, 2011

Bert Jansch RIP

I'm sitting in Miss Peapod's cafe in Penryn, down in West Cornwall, and someone's put a Bert Jansch album on. I haven't had a chance to blog about his passing since I heard the news, but this seems a good time to do so. Last night Matt Spacegoat and I were round at Martha Tilston's house, and her dad Steve (70's underground folk legend) was on the Jools Holland TV programme talking about Bert, who he would have crossed paths with many times back in their respective heydays.







I'm now extremely glad that I got to see him play live three times: solo at the Barnfield, Exeter back in the early 2000's, and then twice with the original Pentangle lineup in 2008 (the Royal Festival Hall, and the Brighton Dome).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home